Business Development Manager
Reporting to the VP, Strategy & Execution, the top priority of this role is to drive sponsorship revenue by creating long-term relationships with corporate partners in BC’s technology ecosystem. The future of technology and BC’s emerging economy excites you and you want to be part of a passionate team working towards an impactful mission.
What you will do:
- Research and identify partnership opportunities with corporate companies for BC Tech’s programs, events and services;
- Meet with prospects (phone and in-person) to promote sponsorship opportunities;
- Close sponsorship sales to drive BC Tech revenues;
- Identify and recruit companies that can benefit from BC Tech’s programs;
- Manage the tracking of leads in Salesforce and provide accurate weekly reports;
- Ensure smooth handover to delivery teams while maintaining the overall account relationship;
- Co-ordinate with membership sales to provide a cohesive approach to the market.
Who you are:
- Strong and confident communicator with prior experience selling to senior level executives;
- Ability to understand the strategic business needs of your customers and how BC Tech’s services can address those needs;
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in business development, outbound sales; proven ability to build a sales pipeline through effective prospecting, cold-calling, networking, and lead generation activities;
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets;
- Possess skillsets for both hunting initial prospects and the ability to form long term mutually beneficial relationships;
- High energy individual with a sense of urgency;
- Knowledge of Salesforce is an asset;
- Resilient, self-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
BC Tech is guided by a vision of a British Columbia that values technology as a positive force for good - for the economy, for society, for our future.
Our Mission is to make BC the best place to grow a tech company – we believe that one day all companies will be tech companies.
Our focus is to grow the number of home grown anchors – the foundation of a strong tech ecosystem.
Our approach is to prioritize for impact, focus on things that move the needle and ground our recommendations and programs in data and research.
Our people are credible, knowledgeable thought leaders who galvanize and animate the community.
We believe technology is a tool for good and we build strong coalitions and partnerships to advance our cause and secure the support and funds needed to deliver our mission.