Manager Member Experience
The BC Tech Association (BC Tech, for short) is guided by a mission to make British Columbia the best place to grow a tech company while creating a globally recognized, top 10 technology ecosystem. For more than 20 years we have been providing opportunities for the tech industry in BC to collaborate, learn, and grow together. We are dedicated to connecting companies, developing talent, sharing stories, and advocating on behalf of our industry to keep tech in BC thriving. We live by our core values: Be of Service; Succeed Together; and Pay It Forward.
Reporting to the VP, Community, the Manager, Member experience will work alongside a team of two where your core focus is to support existing members and sponsors, grow the membership base and play an important role in creating a membership culture where companies are eager to get involved in programs, events, and the betterment of the entire tech ecosystem. Essentially, you help our member and prospective member companies realize the full value of joining the BC Tech Association.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the member experience team of two through coaching, personal development, and managing the team’s sprints;
- Accountability for creating, monitoring and responding to member experience team key metrics, including new and existing sales, churn, and NPS all of which rate the effectiveness of membership engagement;
- Manage an active pipeline of new membership and sponsorship opportunities in sectors such as Software, FinTech, Digital and SaaS;
- Co-administer Salesforce including regular updates to functionality and exploring new configurations/addons to better support to the BC Tech team;
- Cross-functional collaboration with the Marketing, Growth and Talent teams to ensure all programs are synchronized and positioned to provide maximum benefit to members;
- Work with Marketing to ensure collateral materials are designed/developed to best market the entire BC Tech offering;
- Perpetual communications through regular engagement check-ins with association members (including key accounts) and our membership team to ensure they realize the highest impact programs in the BC Tech portfolio;
- Engage the tech ecosystem stakeholders, influencers and key contacts at industry events;
- Be a part of the leadership team where you’ll work with the VP, Community to propose quarterly team objectives and key results.
Required: 3+ years in the technology sector in a client-facing Sales, Customer Service or Customer Success capacity;
- Proven track record in sales and/or customer success, over-achieving the expectations of your role in areas such as NPS, customer satisfaction and revenue targets;
- You are highly personable and comfortable in talking/presenting to the C-suite
- You’ve led a team of 3+ sales, customer service or customer success professionals;
- Salesforce fluency with a passion for data, metrics and analytics - spreadsheets and pivot tables are your friend;
- A self-driven, natural networker who builds authentic and lasting mutually beneficial relationships;
- Passionate about helping our member companies grow and succeed while helping the overall community and tech ecosystem
Sound like you? Apply with a cover letter and resume to be considered. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.